Sunday, January 23, 2011

Simply Amazing

One of my favorite hymns of all time is "Amazing Grace".  Just thinking of the words to the song makes me think of simple times and how amazing life really is.

I found this 7 year old singing "Amazing Grace" - her name is Rhema Marvanne.  She lost her Mother, Wendi, to cancer in 2008.  Rhema gives her Mother all the credit when it comes to her singing abilities.  I can't imagine being a little girl and losing your very own Mother at such a young age.

As you take the time to listen to this amazing young child singing her heart out to God, close your eyes and think of the grace that God gives each one of us so freely.  There have been times in my life when I didn't feel that God was on my side and that I was all on my own in this very large world.  But then a dear friend of mine told me a little something that will be with me forever.  She said to me.... Trish, when you feel all alone, imagine yourself being held in Jesus' arms and that He is rocking you back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth.  Just "My" time and just with "Him".  The busyness of life along with the loneliness just seems to part from my mind immediately.  All focus is on "Him" and "Me".  Ahhh......comfort, peace, love and support. 

I then take the rocking to the next level in my life.  My arms are always open to holding my children close and rocking them back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth.  They start off in my arms quite restless and then begin to calm down within a matter of minutes ~ taking my hand through their hair, rubbing their back, saying a prayer out loud, singing a sweet song in their ear, counting their fingers and toes, kissing them gently on the forehead, saying several "I Love Yous", smelling their sweet aroma and sometimes just sitting still in awe and wonder.  I then begin to praise and thank God for sharing two special gifts with me.  He knows that I cannot raise these boys alone, so He not only provides Himself, but also a loving husband along with caring family and friends.

So, the next time that you feel alone or overwhelmed, take a moment out of your day or night and imagine being held in His arms while being rocked back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth.  All the while remembering that you are a precious gift from God - that you matter.

~ The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
the righteous run to it and are safe ~
Proverbs 18:10 

God's Blessings,
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment